Oct 27, 2005 Blog General
Finally, a day to work. Just work. And that’s truly remarkable seeing as I’m a guy who usually starts hundreds of products but finishes few of them. It’s a focus issue really. Sitting down, accomplishing a task, then moving on to the next wouldn’t seem so hard. But when you are constantly cranking out new ideas and concepts, its hard to remember where you started. Between John, lunacy8m, and myself, a thousand ideas are born on a weekly basis. Some worth persuing immediately, and others start as a concept and eventually become worth persuing. When you have hundreds to thousands of ideas, ranging from anything like blog topics to full corporate portals, from video game concepts to robotic inventions (and from there its a range from actual robots to vending machines to devices that make life a little easier), its difficult to prioritize which ones are realistic opportunities and which ones are dreams (robotic inventions for me would fall in the “dreams” category at the moment.)
So John came up with a brilliant idea yesterday. As usual, he started with “I have an idea…”, paused and I then expected to hear what I’ll have to start labeling as YAGI’s (Yet Another Great Idea). But this time, instead of a portal concept or a site idea, he simply suggested “Tomorrow: No New Ideas!” Simply awesome. So that’s where we’re at today, working on progressing the ideas we already have. Nothing new. Just implementation.
And here I am, blogging.
Not that blogging is bad and not that it detracts from my end goals. One “project” I have are my blogs and maintaining them is a goal that I have. Aside from upgrading the blog software and killing all the spam, a part of maintenance is new content. So I’m committing some time each week to update my blogs at least once. This blog is mostly for my own benefit. I use it as an outlet to post thoughts, ideas, comments, and projects I’m working on, as well as things that interest me.
So what are the projects I’m working on today? Can’t really talk too much about what I’m doing at work, but can give an idea of what will be happening after hours. Over the past couple of weeks I have accumulated about 40 domains (all at the moment are parked at domainhop.com so I can earn a little money while they sit and wait for me to implement). Of those domains, and my other projects, I’ll be working on the following:
- AXIQ.com as a search engine or directory.
- GizLotto.com as a lotto/traffic site where users can click to earn lotto tickets for a free video iPod or PSP or something cool. Details are vague at the moment, so is the site.
- Upgrading b2evolution – my sites use an older version of b2evolution. Time to upgrade and reap the benefits.
- Upgrading my amazon stores. New version of the store I use is pretty damn cool. Especially for search engine friendliness.
- Blogging weekly. I already said it once above. I’m repeating it to remind myself.
- Omamma.com as a Opportunities Manifest of Affiliate Marketing and Management Associations. Or something like that.
- One Million Dimes is my first Million Dollar Homepage Clone that I started weeks ago. Time to tidy up, get up to date, and see what I can do to improve it.
- Million Blinkenlights is the second clone I started with an insulting number of animated gifs. More for laughs, but seriously working.
- And a few other other projects I might actually get to plan out
So, wish me luck. I’m about to get my hands dirty with my work projects then go home and dive in until I’m neck deep in my own projects. Expect S-O-S morse code signals from my mouse sometime in the early morning.