Jan 13, 2004 Search and SEO
It was bound to happen. I have reached my fullest potential. My aspirations have been met. My quest to dorkdom is finally finished. Yes, I have the #1 Google Listing for “Jason Murphy”. I AM a geek!
Alas, true recognition.And it didn’t come easy. There are hundreds of Jason Murphy’s out there. Plenty of competition for the keywords “Jason Murphy”:
- Jason Murphy the Pro Snowboarder (this Jason Murphy was particularly hard to beat, because he is from my home state of Utah. I get a lot of people asking me if I snowboard, and when I say I do – I have to tell them I’m not that Jason Murphy.)
- Jason Murphy the Green Party Politician and Philosophy Instructor at St. Louis University
- Jason Murphy the Virginia Tech Offensive Lineman
- Jason Murphy the Open Source Contributor (Jason, keep up the great work on MamboPortal!)
- And a few Jason Murphy the Photographer
These are just a few of the many great “Jason Murphy” shows out there. So, each of these Jason’s have a claim to fame. What is mine? Where do I fit in this group? What will follow my name? Jason Murphy the __fill-in-the-blank__. What makes me cool like all the other hundreds of Jason Murphy’s out there? Well, for starters, I have a cool name.
(Good Luck to all the other Jason Murphy’s out there. I’m compiling a list of the Jason Murphy’s – if you’d like to be included – leave a comment below)